Enabling Transitions Assistive Technologies Programme - Assistive Technology for Post Primary Teachers, SNAs and Parents
In these sessions (Monday 27th January and Monday 24th February 2020, 9.30a.m. - 12.30p.m.), suitable for Post Primary Teachers, SNAs and Parents, Angela Costelloe, IT Carlow, will discuss the IT's Enabling Transitions Assistive Technologies Programme. These sessions will be interactive and a platform for sharing resources. You do not have to be an IT expert to attend, all levels are welcome!
- Software for laptops/PC’s/tablets
- Software for smartphones
- Software for iPhones/iPads
- Google Doc’s software
- Microsoft software
- Introduction to freeware for hearing/visual impairments
- Free typing course
- Reader Pens
- Echo Smart-pen
- Crystal Magnifier
- Radio Aid
- Free software for students with Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, or Visual/Hidden Impairments.
Session 1 - Monday 27th January 2020
The purpose of this session is to introduce free software to Post Primary teachers, SNAs and Parents. This software is very useful when supporting students with physical and/or cognitive challenges, and is useful in and outside a school setting.
Freeware is any copyrighted software, application or program that may be freely downloaded, installed, used and shared. These programs are available for use at no cost to general end users.
The focus will be on the following software:
- Software for Laptops/PCs/Tablets,
- Software for Smartphones/iPhones/iPads,
- Google Docs software, and
- Introduction to freeware for Hearing/Visual Impairments, which may be of benefit to existing and/or incoming students.
|Course date||27-01-2020 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||24-02-2020 12:30 pm|
|Cut off date||27-01-2020 9:30 am|
|Speaker||Angela Costelloe, IT Carlow|
|Location||Kilkenny Education Centre|